No one is free from bad habits. And mostly it’s about eating. We think the Month of Happiness is just the right occasion to get rid of some. But don’t rush. Changing your diet isn't easy at first. That's why it's best to take small steps. And even better, do it together!
How about a vegetarian or even vegan day? Refrain from meat once a week and try new, delicious recipes. Especially pork should not be on your plate too often. The high content of arachidonic acid, a fatty acid, can increase pain in the joints. Large studies have shown that vegetarians have more favorable blood pressure levels, better body weight, less cardiovascular disease and longer life expectancy. However, meat and sausages aren’t exclusively unhealthy. They also contain vitamins and minerals that are important for the body.
If you write down what you want to do, it will be easier for you to stick to it. Don’t overthink. Every day is planned superficially. Like eating meat on Mondays, Tuesdays are there for vegetarian food, Friday is fish day and so on.
A routine becomes a habit after 66 days. But you must persevere for 66 days. A clearly defined plan will help you with that.
It doesn't hurt to eat sweets now and then. Chocolate makes you happy for example. In addition to sugar and fat, it also contains the protein building block tryptophan. This is used for the production of serotonin, which is known as the happiness hormone. Although you can’t have too much happiness, you can have too much chocolate. So, from time to time, it’s a good idea to grab an apple instead. Combined with muesli, yogurt, and a little honey, it's a delicious alternative to junk food.
Cooking is better than going out to eat. On the one hand, it adds a lot of fun by standing in the kitchen with your loved ones and preparing the meal together, on the other, it saves money. Get into the habit of cooking regularly. Preferably together with your dearest. Teach your children some cooking hacks. Video call grandma and grandpa if you have questions about their secret dish recipe. Maybe even create a new Sunday routine out of it. Granny will definitely love it.
When it comes to dishwashing, it also makes sense to adopt clever life hacks in your daily routine:
- Make sure to take out the bottom draining rack of the dishwasher first so that all the water doesn't splash down from the top.
- It’s a good idea to put lids and other small items in a laundry net to keep them from falling through the grates in the dishwasher.
- No pre-soaking needed: with Somat even toughest dirt like grease and burnt-in is removed, so your dishes get easily and perfectly clean again.
Small changes in everyday life make a big difference in the long run. Have fun choosing your new habits. And use the Month of Happiness to implement them. Never forget: Don't do it alone. Spending time, changing things, and living anew is much more fun together.
- Exercise: Start a new habit, for example, do sports or yoga.
- Eat well: Cook a recipe with seasonal vegetables only and share it widely!
- Smile: Create & Share a mood enhancer playlist, the one that makes you smile all days!
- Meditate: List & share the 3 best things that happened to you today
- Smile: Smile & enhance your mood: while doing your dishes smile widely for 1 minute. Share your impression!
- Eat well: Cook for all your family a smoothy with your preferred fruits & share the coloreful pictures
- Experience: Bring nature to your kitchen with a plant you can cook with or just a green plants that will bring freshness
After you've finshed your #enjoytogether moment you don't need to worry about the dirty dishes.
With Somat even thoughest dirt like grease and burnt-in is removed, so your dishes get easily and perfectly clean again.